Let me introduce GLTools, an app that allows customization of resolution and graphics rendering of apps for optimizing gaming experience. With GLTools, it will allow you to play games which actually requires higher specs or rather play games with lesser lags and FC (force close). If you are familiar with what this app can do, it might be you have heard of Chainfire3D, but, this one supports any android versions starting from android 2.2 and above with lesser issues.
What this app can do?
- Change resolution and rendering bitness in any app, even if it doesn't support that by default.
- Change GPU name and enjoy enhanced graphics even on a noname low-end GPU.
- Take full control over textures: now you can decompress/recompress them (even if your GPU doesn't support that texture format) and resize. Note that decompression feature is available only if you'll install a plugin (internet is required to do that)
- Optimize shaders on-the-fly for optimal performance (the same optimizer is used in Unity3D engine by default)
- Enable MSAA or CSAA in any app to improve graphics quality (make sure that your GPU supports that)
- Measure gained performance with a nice onscreen FPS counter (or you can output FPS information to Logcat if you are a pro)
- Make sure you have rooted your device. Also, just a reminder, it works best on Jelly Bean devices.
- Before anything else, backup your ROM just in case somethings went wrong.