Don't miss :
- List of all the Custom ROMS available on this blog. (MediaTek ROMS)
- [Guide] From Rooting to Installing Custom ROMS in Android.
- Increase Internal memory of your Android in 10mins. *100% Working*.
- Get Maximum Performance and Battery life from your Old/Slow Android device.
- How to Play High End Games on low End device.
- A MediaTek android device (MT65XX)
- Your phone must be rooted already. How to Root
- USB Chord.
- Windows PC/Laptop.
- Download ADB Drivers :
- Download MTK Droid Tools for Windows :
2. Install the downloaded PDANet to your computer. It contains ADB Drivers.
3. Turn on your android device and connect it to your computer using USB Chord. (Make sure to Enable USB Debugging, go to Phone Settings -- Developer Options -- Enable USB Debugging.)
4. From your computer, open MTK Droid Tools that you have downloaded above and extract it to your desired location.
5. Open MTK Droid Tools.exe from the extracted folder (Run as administrator). Wait for the tool to detect your device. (If UBIFS warning appeared in the status message, this process will not work for you. Only ext4 supported.). Notice on the bottom-left part of the tool, a YELLOW color indicator means that your android device is does not have root shell yet. If it is GREEN already, proceed to step 7. Click here to know how to ROOT your Mediatek Device or proceed to Step 6
8. Wait for the tool to build the CWM recovery and another prompt will appear "install patched boot to phone?" select NO, wait a little bit more and another prompt will appear again "install created recovery to phone", now select YES.
9. When the tool ask you to reboot your phone to recovery, click Yes and it will reboot to CWM recovery shortly. Check out your new custom recovery.
Congratulations! You now have ClockworkMod custom recovery on your MediaTek android device. You can now enjoy apps that requires Superuser rights, mods and ROMs that requires flashing from CWM. Checkout ROMS collection of our blog.
I hope this article helped you in Installing CWM on your Mediatek device. Queries & Suggestions are welcome in comment section. Do Like & Share this post. Thank You !