How to to recover a BlackBerry smartphone after all
other possible means of recovery have been exhausted.
* Remove the battery from the BlackBerry
* Open a web browser on a PC (Mozilla Firefox is
recommended ) and navigate to http://hovatek.com/
redirect.php?link=htt...com/update (Ensure to click
'Skip Ad' to proceed)
* Click Check for Updates.
* Wait for the Device Connection dialog box to
appear with no result for pin.
* Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to
with the battery removed.
* Press Ok when the PIN field is populated with the
BlackBerry smartphones PIN number or PIN-
Unknown is displayed.
Note: Some BlackBerry smartphones may be in a
reset loop, which will cause the field to populate and
This is not an issue; pressing OK when the
PIN field is populated will allow the process to move
* Select the appropriate version of BlackBerry
Device Software and applications for the BlackBerry
smartphone, click Next.
* At the Review the following options before you
begin dialog, insert the battery without unplugging the
* Press Install update.