Normally, Tecno Y4 doesn't have the feature to receive latest Android version and the best way to upgrade, is by installing a custom ROM. This custom ROM was designed by Raj Shekhar.
Features Of Tecno Y4 Custom ROM (Mystic OS V7)
- Marshmallow boot animation
- Material designed
- CM12.1 themed
- Mystic OS boot logo
- CM12.1 app icon
- Nova launcher prime
- Default launcher
- Android M sounds
- marshmallow platlogo and game
- CM12.1 music player
- Material themed dialer - Contact, MMS and all other apps.
- Floating action botton in messaging, calendar
- Card stack recent panel
- Stock gallery and camera
- Based on WIKO rainbow stock ROM
- So their are very less chance of bugs
- Lollipop Lockscreen
- Lollipop inspired volume panel
- Inbuilt screen recorder
- 4 ways reboot options in power menu
- Cyanogenmod Lockscreen
- PRE-ROOTED with super SU
- busybox installed
- ABS Tweak inbuilt
- Better RAM management
- Better battery backup
- ROM size is 295MB
- And many more.
How To Install Mystic OS V7 Custom ROM Into Your Tecno Y4
Before you proceed, your phone must be rooted even with 50% battery life or above and you must use only Tecno Y4 to install this custom ROM.
- Firstly, you have to download the Mystic OS V7 custom ROM by clicking here and save it in the root of your SD card then download custom recovery by clicking here.
- Then power off your phone and hold Power + Volume up button to boot into recovery mode then locate where you downloaded your Mystic OS V7 and swipe right to install.
- After installation, go to the recovery mode menu and tap on Wipe data/reset then mark SYSTEM, DATA, Dalvik and swipe to wipe cache.
- Then tap on REBOOT NOW. Wow! Your Tecno Y4 will now be running on 6.0 Marshmallow.
How To Fix The Bugs Attached To This Custom ROM;
Keyboard fix - You can download it by clicking here and use the above method to install and fix the bug.