Unlocking isn’t the only thing a fingerprint sensor can do. It is made to use for different purpose, including sliding notifications, taking pictures and other functionalities. Today, we are going to see on how to capture a picture using the fingerprint scanner.
To Take Selfie/Photos Using Fingerprint scanner on Android smartphone
1. You will have to install an app dubbed Dactyl – Fingerprint Camera from the Play Store. The app is available in a free trial, which offers 10 usages, after which you will have to buy the full version (560.00 NGN or 1.99 USD) of the app.
2. Once you have installed the app on your device, you can open it and the app will welcome you with different slides informing you about the app.
3. The main page of the app shows you the various camera apps it supports along with a button to “Open Settings Page” to give it accessibility permissions.
4. You can scroll down to see the camera apps that are supported by Dactyl and you can even tap on the “Unsupported Apps” button to see the apps not supported by the fingerprint camera app. You can also request the developer to support your favorite camera app through the “Request New App” button.
5. After you have given the app permissions, you can open the camera app on your device and you should see a message saying “Dactyl service running“.
The Dactyl Fingerprint Camera app works pretty well and it certainly comes in handy when you are taking a selfie, especially when the fingerprint scanner is located on the back of your Android smartphone..
How did you see these tutorial? Did you encountered any problems while doing these? Drop your comments below