- Go to the app drawer and open the ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Apps & notifications’.
- If you’re running Oreo 8.0, then tap on ‘App info’. In case of Oreo 8.1, tap on ‘See all apps’.
- On the App info window, tap on the menu icon (3-dots) on the top-right.
- Select ‘Show system’.
- Scroll down through the apps and select ‘Contact Storage‘.
- In the app window, select ‘Storage’ and then press the ‘CLEAR DATA’ button to fix Contacts Sync issue.
- Tap on ‘OK’ to confirm.
- Finally, reboot your Android phone and check if the contacts are syncing now.
This should help you resolve the issue.