If you’re looking for how to root Xiaomi Poco F1 and unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery, then you’re at the right place. The Poco F1 has been trending for a while now obviously for the right reasons. It’s currently the cheapest smartphone right now with the Snapdragon 845 chipset. It also sports a tall 6.18-inch FHD+ display with the same storage and RAM space variants just like the Mi 8. Let’s see how to root Xiaomi Poco F1 and Unlock Bootloader.
What To Do Before You Root Xiaomi Poco F1
There are some things that need to be done before you root your Poco F1, don’t just dive right in and root it without going through these steps. You are also advised that rooting voids your warranty, and if you miss any of the steps explained in this guide, you might end up bricking your phone. So proceed at your own risk as the writer will not be held accountable if anything happens to your device.
- Make sure the battery life is above 80%.
- Take a complete backup of your Poco F1.
- Download and install ADB Fastboot and install universal ADB Drivers on PC
- Download Supersu Files
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your Xiaomi Poco F1.
How To Unlock Bootloader for Xiaomi Poco F1
Now, you have to make sure that the bootloader of your Xiaomi Poco F1 is unlocked. You can follow the steps below to do that.
- Enable “Developer Options” by clicking 6-7 times on “MIUI Version” option in the Settings.
- Turn ON “USB Debugging and OEM Unlock” in “Developer Options”.
- Go to this website http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and click on ‘Unlock Now.’
- You will be required to fill up a form and login with your Mi Account, then you have to “Apply Now”.
- After that, you should get the unlock permission in typically 2-3 days.
First thing first, you have to sign in to your Mi Account by going to Settings, click on ‘MI Unlock Status’, then ‘Add Account & Device.’
- Download the Unlock Tool Here
- Extract the contents of the package and ensure you run the executable and enter your MI Login Credentials
- Now, on your Poco F1, log into your Mi Account.
- Since you have entered your Mi Login Credentials by Go to Settings > “MI Unlock Status” > “Add Account & Device”
- Connect your Xiaomi Poco F1 to PC, press and hold the Volume Down + Power button to reboot it into fastboot mode. The Unlock button should get active on the MI Flash Unlock Tool once you in fastboot mode.
- Reboot the device.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi POCO F1
- Download TWRP for Poco F1
- Rename it to ‘recovery.img’
- Transfer the same to the folder where you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Connect your Poco F1 to PC
- Go to the ADB & Fastboot installation folder and press Shift + Right Click.
- Select Open Command Window Here from the pop-up menu.
- Enter “adb reboot bootloader” into fastboot or bootloader mode.
- Enter “fastboot flash recovery .img” to flash install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi POCO F1.
How To Root Xiaomi Poco F1
- Once you have installed TWRP on your Poco F1, You are now ready to root Xiaomi Poco F1. Simply follow the steps below.
- Make sure you downloaded the SuperSU ZIP file above.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons to reboot your device into recovery mode.
- You should see the TWRP menu, select ‘Install’ and select the SuperSU ZIP file as the browse option.
- Swipe to flash the SuperSU ZIP File
- After flashing, reboot the device.
- This is how to root Xiaomi Pocophone F1, unlock bootloader and install TWRP recovery. Did it work for you? Let us know below.