We all know that flashing custom or stock rom on Huawei smartphone requires unlocking its bootloader.
Well, this method can only be applied to Huawei smartphone release before April 2018.
That’s by the way lets work on How to Unlock Huawei Smartphone Bootloader.
For you to unlock Huawei smartphone, you are going to be needing this
Unlock Huawei Smartphone Prerequisite.
- A PC (Windows Preferably)
- Your Huawei smartphone.
- Huawei unlock Code.
- A working USB Cord.
- A Good Battery Backup.
- A Windows CMD.
Having all this gives you a 100% chance of doing anything you want with your phone even installing a custom rom.
Huawei Phones needs you to create an account with Huawei before you can unlock your bootloader. Follow this link in the section to create an account with Huawei developers so you can get your unlock code.
How to Unlock Huawei Smartphone Bootloader
- Make sure you Backup all your Stuff.
- Go to settings.
- Check if there is any Developers option.
- If there is none.
- Go to About phone.
- Consequently, Tap on Build number till you get Developers Option.
- Go back and you will see developers Option.
- Go to Developers Option before About Phone.
- Look for OEM Unlocking option.
- Click on it to Enable it if it’s not enabled.
- If enabled, Disable and enable it again.
- You will get a warning message. Accept it.
- If your phone is security code, you might be prompt to enter it and continue.
- You will need to enable USB Debugging too.
- Power off your phone.
- Boot to Fastboot by pressing volume up and power Button Simultaneously.
- On your windows PC Search bar, type CMD to locate CMD on your PC.
- To know if your bootloader is unlocked or not, send
After unlocking your bootloader, you can reboot your phone and Enjoy.
- Extras: Huawei released an update that from April onward, it will no longer support Unlocking of bootloader on its new smartphone but the old one can continue to unlock theirs.